Lately I’ve been making more of an effort to eat healthy again. I’m usually so good about eating right with the occasional meal out where I splurge on whatever I want, but lately I’ve given into indulgences more than I probably should. It has definitely caught up with me and I’m seeing all the effects: tiredness, bad sleep, lack of motivation and weight gain. So it’s time to get my health back on track!
I like to think that eating right and even eating with the hopes of losing weight doesn’t mean that I have to eat bland, boring food. This Quinoa Power Bowl is so yummy and full of flavor. The best part is that it’s so easy to make! I was also excited for another recipe where I could use the tomatoes and bell peppers from my garden!
I made a big batch and separated it into 5 meal prep containers so I would have lunch made for the entire week! I love meal prepping for lunches because then it’s one less thing I have to do every night and I know I have a delicious meal ready to take to work. I also like that it doesn’t need to be heated up so I can take it and eat it anywhere!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 6-8 roma tomatoes
- 3 green bell peppers
- 2 avocado
- 1 can of black beans
- salsa of your choice
- cojita cheese
- Cook quinoa according to package. I cooked mine in chicken broth instead of water to give it more flavor.
- Chop tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado and cilantro, then toss them in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse black beans, then add them to the other ingredients.
- Let quinoa cool and add to mixture. Combine well.
- Portion out 5 servings into individual containers.
- Top with 2 spoonfuls of salsa and crumble desired amount of cojita cheese to finish it off.
Hope you enjoy! What are your go to healthy recipes?